Questions and Answers
What is the procedure when seeking financing?
Send us an e-mail with a short description of why your proposition should interest us. Make sure that it actually reaches us and does not look like spam. It’s best if you follow up with a phone call afterwards. Next, we will most likely have additional questions, which we will send by e-mail, or we will schedule a call and an additional web presentation.
If your proposition continues to interest us, we will invite you for a presentation in person at our office.
- What are the requirements to receive financing?
- We concentrate on technologies originating from universities and research centers. To learn about which the technologies we’re interested in, please see “Technologies” on this website. Uniqueness is very important to us. Please be aware, however, that merely being unique does not ensure that a technology also has a unique customer benefit.
- We want the companies we invest in to be active on a global scale. Most likely the primary market for your customers will not be in Europe, but rather in Asia or the Americas.
- Have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and be determined to live it out. If you do not yet have all your team members together, we will help you find the right, complementary people.
- A fully detailed business plan is not required, but you need to have a clear vision and be creative enough to work out the investment case together with us.
How long should I expect to wait for feedback?
That depends on how interesting your proposal is from among all the other proposals we have on our desk. Generally not longer than two weeks, however, we expect our partners to demonstrate initiative, and if someone just waits to get feedback from us, that’s not a good sign...
How much does Triangle typically invest in one company?
We always invest enough so that the company, if everything goes according plan, breaks even. We do not give a lump sum but rather distribute funds according to jointly agreed milestones. For a first round, that translates into €1.5 million to €3 million.
What is it like for an investee to work with Triangle?
It’s very interactive – we typically talk once a week, see each other once a month for the board meeting, and we are always here for you if you encounter problems or want to share good news.
What kind of support can I expect from Triangle?
As you might expect, we have seen almost all of the problems that you may run into several times before with other companies. So we know possible outcomes and how to minimize problems. We are your biggest supporter!